India Network receives several questions and queries about pre-existing conditions coverage. Undoubtedly, India Network Health Insurance stands alone when it comes to providing much needed health insurance coverage for any emergencies related to pre-existing conditions to all age groups of visitors, H1 work visa employees, and foreign students. Unfortunately, India Network program is not available to US Citizens in the United States but can be purchased by US citizens if they are traveling abroad. For example, if a US Citizen is traveling to India for 3 months vacation, she/he can obtain coverage through India Network program.
However, there are a number of new US Citizens, who do not have social security credits to qualify for medicare programs but are in their 50s and 60s and need medical coverage. In order to help new US citizens to obtain meaningful coverage, India Network researched health care reform web site for options. Monthly premiums for the federal state/programs vary by state as well as eligibility. For example, A 50 year old Californian in San Francisco pays a premium of $499 (ref - http://www.healthcare.gov/law/provisions/preexisting/states/ca.html). You can find information on the above link for other states also. Read Carefully eligibility criteria before you apply.
|Monthly Premium:||$499 for a 50 year old subscriber in San Francisco|
|• Medical||• $1,500 in-network / $3,000 out-of-network|
|• Brand Name Prescription Drugs||• $500 in-network / $500 out-of network|
|Annual Out of Pocket Maximum:||$2,500 in-network / no maximum out-of-network|
The coverage becomes effective on either of 3 dates:
· The day after the secure server online form is submitted and premiums processed; or
· The day after the postmark on the envelope containing the enrollment form and premium check/money order; or
· Any future date specified in the form.
· The coverage may start on the date of departure to USA or Canada (not more than 48 hours before arrival) if requested. All dates and times refers to US Eastern Standard Time and date.
· For new enrollments, the maximum total payment under the Policy for a Sickness that is first manifested, treated or diagnosed during an Insured Person’s first seven (7) days of coverage, commencing as of the Insured Person’s Effective Date is $1,000. Full Policy coverage will take effect seven (7) days after Hospital confinement ends and/or medical treatment has been rendered complete, subject to the Pre-existing Condition exclusion.
The coverage will be terminated on either of 2 dates:
· The date to which premiums have been paid and as indicated on the id card or
· 48 hours after departing from the United States or Canada
After coverage becomes effective, it can not be refunded. It is recommened to enroll for appropriate time periods that reflect the visitor's expected travel dates. Consideration should be given to any potential return date that may occur. Enrollment can be renewed on-line with a $5 administration fee up to one day prior to termination date for those visitors seeking to lengthen their visit abroad.
Orlando, FL, March 14, 2011: India Network Health Insurance introduces "EasySelect” to help simplify the visitor health insurance program selection process. Typical quote engines for visitor health insurance begin with questions about age group, days visiting, departure date, country of origin and country of destination. After completing the entries, the visitor is often frustrated with even more questions or too many choices.
Consistent with its two decade experience keeping health insurance decision-making simple, "EasySelect" offers a point and click navigation tool based on the typical decision-making concerns:
- “I want the lowest premium”
- “I want the maximum coverage with the least premium possible”
- “I want the maximum coverage with the lowest deductible possible”
- “I want to limit maximum out-of-pocket expenses”
- “Show me a popular plan for my age group”
Within a few clicks, visitors can view a recommended plan based on their age group, coverage needs and budget. Whether you are looking for a plan with pre existing conditions or for the lowest premium, "EasySelect" saves time and helps buyers make informed decisions. Visitors can access “EasySelect” from the India Network Health Insurance web-site.
For further information, contact Dr. KV Rao at 407-243-8760 or visit http://www.kvrao.org.
Individuals comparing medical insurance for family members visiting from India are confronted with policies offered from Indian based and US based companies. If an Indian based company offfers a policy that is less expensive, what issues may arise should you truly need the insurance? Consider some key points when purchasing visitor health insurance from an Indian based company:
- Regulatory jurisdiction can be an issue. If a claim is disputed and the complaint is filed in the US, Indian insurance regulators may not recognize your dispute. US based insurance companies are fully regulated and disputes observed.
- Claim processing in India can result in time administrative difficulties when working with the insurance agency.
- Customer support may not be available in the US time zone. This leads to delays and difficulties when asking for assistance or filing claims.
- The ID card may not recognized by US hospitals or doctors, This means you will have to pay the provider and then file the claim with the Indian Insurance company for reimbursement.
- The track record of the insurance company is important. Many Indian based insurance companies are newer to the marketplace. Make sure the insurer has a proven history.
- Most of Indian based companies do not offer renewable policies. If the family member extends their trip, can you renew the insurance? Make sure this is available on the policy you select.
If you have additional questions about the advantages of selecting a US based insurance company, the experts at India Network Health Insurance, USA can help. With more than 2 decades offering visitor health insurance to Indian parents, students and workers visiting the US, India Network Health is a recognized leader in the marketplace.
For visitors with pre existing conditions, medical coverage is important when traveling abroad. Diabetes, blood pressure, chronic back pain, high cholesterol, kidney stones, skin problems are some examples of pre existing conditions. Although bringing sufficient medication and maintaining a healthy physical routine while in the United States is important, emergencies may occur. Visitor health insurance does not typically cover pre existing conditions. Always read the "Exclusions" in the plan brochure to see the limitations, including those plans that are labeled as "Comprehensive".
The Premier Plan with India Network Health Insurance covers all ages with various pre existing deductibles and coverage levels while includng all the benefits of the Standard Plan. The Premier policy covers life threatening emergency situations due to any pre existing medical condition.
If you have non-emergency nature of sickness, you may make use of India Network Consult a Doctor program.
Unless a Premier Plan is purchased, pre existing conditions are not covered. Every policy holder with pre existing coverage can use the physician consultation service (on Phone) offered by India Network Foundation during their stay in the United States for a small fee of $35 per consultation. The consultation can be requested by completing the Consult A Doctor Form. The Physician consultation can be used for prescription refills, discussion of current medications, seeking second opinions, or non-emergency illnesses. All participating physicians are USA Board Certified and practicing physicians in USA.
The purpose of this program is to help visiting parents and others who need to consult a physician during their stay in the United States or Canada for minor medical problems or pre-existing ailments such as Diabetic, Blood Pressure, Pain management etc. or refilling prescription. This service is provided for the benefit of the community and is NOT A PART OF THE HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM SPONSORED BY INDIA NETWORK. Anyone can make use of the services under this program. No insurance is required. However, India Network Membership is required.
Who Provides these Services? India Network Foundation requires that all participating physicians in this program be well experienced, actively Licensed to practice Medicine in the United States, and preferably speak one or more Indian Languages. Click here to learn more about the participating doctors.
Consultation Fee: $50 (non-refundable) consultation fee will be charged for the service. All visitors requesting consultation have to complete consultation form. A participating Physician will contact the visitor either by email or by Phone as determined by the Physician within 24 to 48 hours of receiving the request (excluding holidays/weekends). There is NO Insurance Billing under this program.
Physician Consultant Request Form ($50 - No Insurance Billing)
India Network makes every effort to refer patients to the physicians closest to their temporary residence in the United States where they are visiting their family and friends. Below is a list of common illnesses may be consulted under this program:
- Acute Bronchitis
- Sinusitis & Rhinitis (Hay Fever)
- Common Cold and Cough
- Non Migrainous Stress Headache
- Pharyngitis & Strep Throat
- Migraine Headaches
- Allergic Asthma (not Asthma Attacks)
- Mild to Moderate Hypertension (not Uncontrolled, Severe Hypertension)
- Mild to Moderate Diabetes (not Uncontrolled or Insulin Dependant Diabetes)
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Back Pain / Acute Lumbar Strain
- Nonspecific Urethritis / STD’s (not HIV)
- Stomach Flu or Food Poisoning
- Gastritis / GERD
- Diabetic Management
- Asthma Management
If you agree and proceed with a consultation request, please complete on-line consultation form. The fee for online consultation is set at $50 (non-refundable). An Assigned Physician will get back to you within 24 to 48 hours either by email or by phone as required during weekdays. As always, this service is for NON-EMERGENCY cases only and in case of emergency, please call 911 or go to your local hospital emergency department.
To reach India Network Health Insurance dial toll free 877-204-0222 from within the United States or Canada. If you are traveling outside these countries, you can call collect at 01-715-295-9966 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Additionally, you may send a message direct from our Contact Us page.
· Underwritten by the ACE American Insurance Company;
· Affordable Premiums with excellent benefits;
· Option of $75 or $250 deductible for <70 year olds and $250 or $500 deductible for 70+ years old;
· Maximum coverage of $150,000, $100,000, and an option of $50,000 available per sickness (18-69 age group);
· For 70 plus: $100,000 maximum coverage per sickness;
· Pre-existing conditions coverage with Premier Plans or optionally with Network based (80/20) Comprehensive plan;
· No medical examinations or other qualifications required;
· Policies underwritten by ACE American Insurance offer excellent 24 X 7 Europ Assistance-USA and prompt;
· Policies underwritten by Chartis Insurance offer excellent 24 X 7 Travel Assist Services and prompt settlement of claims by Chartis Claims
India Network is pleased to offer Traditional Insurance program effective Feb 1, 2011. This plan offers a maximum coverage of $150,000 for below 70 visitors and $75,000 for above 70 years visitors. The traditional plan pays 80% of covered expenses till $5000 expenses and after that it would pay 100 percent of covered expenses, Thus the overall maximum out of pocket for policy holder is $1000 and $250 deductible. The traditional plan is recommended for visitors with no pre-existing conditions and are willing to pay a bit more to have the comfort of limited out of expenses in case of major/minor illness. The Plan benefits vary by in and out of network.